About All 'Rebel & Be Well' Retreats
We invite you on an authentic journey to health. Rebel & Be Well.
It takes strength and vulnerability to find wellness and wellbeing. Rebel & Be Well.
Enjoy the freedom to talk about the taboo topics. Themes many had earlier been uncomfortable discussing. Rebel & Be Well.
Face the ego, the pedestal, the expectations, the demands, and the struggles in a supportive environment. Rebel & Be Well.
Our Rebel & Be Well Retreats provide experiential wellness and health education with expert speakers that promise you growth in whatever way you best receive it.The Point Retreats is founded on five pillars, each of which you will experience during your stay:
Nutrition | Fitness | Restoration | Sleep | Communitybook now
About This RetreatHighlights
Retreat Purpose Healing Our Healers With Nature | Putting Health Back In Healthcare
Health Education Focuses
Forest Bathing, Creating Healthier Indoor Environments, Optimizing Time Outdoors, Light and Circadian Rhythm, Mood and Energy Improvement, and Reclaiming the spirit of health.
Experiential Wellness On This Retreat
Nutrition | Chef-Led Cooking Course
Movement | Yoga, Open Gym, and free time for Hiking, Paddle boarding, Kayaking, Walking, Biking, Pickle ball, and more
Restoration | Forest Bathing, Qigong, Walking Meditation, Saunas, Art In Nature, and Massage Therapy (Available for Purchase)
Sleep | Meditation, and Time for Naps, Reading, or Relaxation
Community | Dinners, Bonfires, and Wine
Who We Invite To Attend
Healthcare Professionals (AMA CMEs Offered)
Physicians, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, RN’s, Psychologists, Social Workers, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Dietitians, Dentists, Respiratory therapists, Health Coaches, Exercise Physiologists, Chiropractors, Naturopaths, and Health Educators.
We ask 10% down to reserve your space, and offer monthly financing. We invite you to register to explore your options.
Stay An Extra Night
We welcome you to stay an additional 24 hours onsite following your retreat (Cost $100). Enjoy The Point property and amenities at leisure, restore, and wind down after a retreat. We will have Point staff onsite, and massage and reiki therapists available for appointments. Checkout is 1 PM, Sunday.
Health & Safety
The Point will carefully adhere to CDC and MDH COVID guidelines. You rebel, and we will keep you well.
We continuously conduct extensive cleaning procedures before and after each guest stay and Point event. Your mind can feel at ease, and your body restore, when you don't have an added stressor of safety. Our goal is to make your journey to health a bit easier.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Minnesota Medical Association and The Point Retreats. The Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Minnesota Medical Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
*Please note all activities and presentations are optional, we respect your time and choices
- 12:00-1:00p Guests arrive and settle into rooms
- 1:00-3:00p Welcome, Tour, Introductions Cabin (Christa Rymal)
- 3:30-4:30p A Forest Through The Trees: Finding Our Health Outside The Sick-Care System (Dr. Suzanne, Dr. Bill, Dr. Carolyn)
- 4:30-6:00p Nature and Forest: It's Big Medicine (Dr. Suzanne)
- 6:00-7:30p Community Dinner
- 7:30-8:30p Interactive Seminar: Personalizing Your Nature Therapy (Dr. Suzanne)
- 8:30-9:00p Fireside Evening Meditation (Kayla)
- 7:00-8:00a Kundalini Yoga (Heidi)
- 8:00-9:00a Breakfast Bar
- 9:00-10:30a Building Optimal Health Indoors (Thaddeus)
- 11:00-12:30p Small Groups
- Group A: Healthcare in the Kitchen (Chef Jeremy)
- Group B: Plant Medicine: Foraging for Health and Healing (Molly)
- 12:30-1:30p Lunch
- 1:30-3:00p Individual Time (Rest, Walk, Bike, Reflection, Massage, Sauna)
- 3:00-5:30p Forest Bathing (Dr. Suzanne)
- 5:30-7:00p Small Groups
- Group B: Healthcare in the Kitchen (Chef Jeremy)
- Group A: Plant Medicine: Foraging for Health and Healing (Molly)
- 7:00-8:00p Community Dinner
- 8:00-9:30p Dessert, Wine and Live Music by the Fire
- 7:00-8:00a Kundalini Yoga (Heidi)
- 8:00-8:30a Breakfast Bar
- 9:00-10:00a Pontoon Ride & Island Nature Walk (Dr. Suzanne, Christa)
- 10:00-11:00a Rebel and Be Well: Reclaiming your Health (Christa)
- 11:00-12:00a Closing Circle and Gratitude (Dr. Bill, Dr. Carolyn, Christa, Dr.Suzanne)
- 12:30p Farewells and Departures with To-Go Box Lunch or the start of your Saturday Vacation Stay (if you had added on an additional night's stay upon registering).
Dr. Bill Manahan
Suzanne Bartlett Hackenmiller, M.D.
Carolyn Torkelson MD, MS